Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Creative Photography

Didn't win AGAIN last week in Roger's Creative Photography Contest, but I did place. SO, this week, I introduce you to "Purple Sky". I saturated the color, and the hues. Enjoy!

Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity. Imagination has given us the steam engine, the telephone, the talking-machine, and the automobile, for these things had to be dreamed of before they became realities. So I believe that dreams--daydreams, you know, with your eyes wide open and your brain machinery whizzing--are likely to lead to the betterment of the world. The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to invent, and therefore to foster, civilization. ~~L. Frank Baum

9 comments:

Dianne said...

daydreams leading to the betterment of the world - I like that, and I agree :)

purple is my favorite color so I extra like this!

I would frame and hang that in my home.

Raven said...

Love the Baum quote. Wonderful, dramatic picture you have created here.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Interesting effect with the purple...

Good Luck

Momgen said...

Wow thats pretty purple color in there. Creativity makes the arts pretty. Cool...

I have mine too

Ralph said...

The view is imagination. Above the finite tree lies infinite dreams.

I'm with Dianne, this would highlight any wall!

RW said...

Great job Lori! Thank you for your Creative Photography submission.

Linda said...

Considering I love just about anything purple I think this is a fantastic picture and the Baum quote goes perfectly with it!

Good luck in this week's contest!

Patti said...

I also love shades of purple (and pink!) and find this photo very pretty. Dianne is right, it would be nice to frame.

And the accompanying Baum quote is great.

Good luck in Roger's contest, Lori!

Kenn K Stilger said...

I am constantly amazed at the depths of your creative mind and the honesty and passion that you use to share Gods blessings with all ....Love you always and forever Kenn